Des Moines Buccaneers Hockey
Vape A Vet Project
Rock 108 – Michael Cross in Waterloo & Cedar Rapids, IA
107.5 KISS FM
97.3 NASH FM
American Diabetes Association
I wanted to thank the Central Iowa Vapor Team for supporting the American Diabetes Association of Central Iowa by participating in our pin up campaign. Your involvement and fundraising efforts will provide us with necessary funds to continue our efforts through funding diabetes research, patient and professional education programs, public awareness and advocacy activities.
Here are a some ways your fundraising has advanced our mission in 2015 in Iowa:
· ADA committed to $1,018,900 in research to support three projects at the University of Iowa.
· Diabetes Busters, an ADA program that teaches 4th Grade children about the difference between Type 1 & Type 2 diabetes, benefits of good nutrition and proper exercise, is expanding throughout Iowa.
· ADA provided financial support for the 2015 Camp Hertko Hollow camp session, an Iowa camp for children affected by diabetes.
· Over 1,500 Iowans have signed up for ADA’s free “Living With Type 2 Diabetes Program.”
· Families of newly diagnosed children with Type 1 diabetes have been taking advantage of ADA’s free Wisdom Kits.
· ADA operates www.diabetes.org and 1-800-DIABETES which provide the ultimate resource for questions regarding diabetes – including medications, diet, exercise, discrimination issues, information and community support.
· Through the free Wellness Lives Here program, ADA has teamed up with Iowa employers to provide guidance with wellness programs and hosting lunch & learns for employees.
Your generosity has helped to further our mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. We hope that our efforts will continue to merit your support.
Again thank you for the continued support!